I’ve been regularly making my own soy yogurt, it’s so simple with my Dash machine (I WISH this was sponsored because I love it so much).
The shops can set you back a good $8-10 for a small tub of vegan yogurt but this machine allows you to turn a 1/2 cup (as a starter; or use probiotic capsules) into ~5 cups of yogurt!! SO… 4 batches from one tub =20 cups/ 5L OF YOGURT! + You can use your batch as the next starter!
When you have so much yogurt, a big bowl for breakfast becomes economical $$$! So here’s my creamy yogurt + chia pudding ft. Mister Matcha.
MatCHIA Yogurt Pudding
Ingredients: (Serves 1 Nat 😉
- 1 c vegan yogurt (I used homemade soy)
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1 tsp maca powder *optional
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1.5 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 c mylk (I use soy from Aldi)
- Liquid sweetener of choice *optional (I used 3 stevia drops)
- Mix first 4 ingredients thoroughly so no clumps of powder remain
- Evenly stir through chia seeds
- Mix in your mylk so there are no clumps of chia/yogurt
- Refrigerate for 20+ minutes (If you’re short on time in the mornings & an organised person, leave it overnight)
- Serve: fruit, maple syrup, coconut flakes, activated buckinis, cacao nibs etc..
Here’s the yogurt machine incase you’re curious: http://www.storebound.com/dash/shop/cooking/yogurt-maker